Thursday, February 18, 2010

Taylor Swift's 'Fearless' Video A Love Letter To Her Fans

Clip gives fans an inside view of singer's life on the road.
By Jocelyn Vena




src="http://ping.fm/mC9Ah"/>



Taylor Swift


Photo: Noel Vasquez/ Getty Images





Taylor Swift loves her fans, and she always makes sure to give props to those who have helped make her the award-winning superstar she is today. So it seems fitting that when she put together the video for her song "Fearless," she made sure to give her fans an inside view of what it's like to go on tour with the pop star.


"You guys, this tour has been the best experience of my entire life," Swift tells her band before they step onstage. The video features behind-the-scenes footage of Swift and her band as they take her sold-out Fearless tour across the country. The video also features footage from the tour itself with fans excitedly showing off signs to the pop star.

Although the song is a love letter to the perfect first date, the video is really Swift's love letter to her fans. It ends with the singer waving goodbye to them as she makes her way off the stage.

"I really thought about what that word ['fearless'] means to me, and I guess, to me, fearless doesn't mean you're completely unafraid and it doesn't mean that you're bulletproof," she told MTV News when the Fearless album dropped in late 2008. "It means that you have a lot of fears, but you jump anyway."

On the Web site for her record label, Big Machine Records, she explains what the song means to her.

"This is a song about the fearlessness of falling in love. When I wrote 'Fearless,' I wasn't dating anyone. I wasn't even in the beginning stages of dating anybody. I really was all by myself out on tour and I got this idea for a song about the best first date," she explained. "I think sometimes when you're writing love songs, you don't write them about what you're going through at the moment, you write about what you wish you had. So this song is about the best first date I haven't had yet."




Related Photos

Related Artists
http://bit.ly/aWfnEj

No comments:

Post a Comment